- Personal Information
We collect your personal information to ensure that we provide you with the level of service you deserve. The type of information we will collect about you include but may not be limited to:
- Your name
- Phone Number/s
- Email Address or other social media address
- Location Details
We may also collect information which tells us about visitors to our Website. For example, we may collect information about the date, time and duration of visits and which pages of the Website are most commonly accessed or any such other information as is deemed reasonable.
We may use your information for current or future marketing and promotional purposes. By giving us your personal information, you are consenting to us contacting you via these methods. Each communication we send to you will provide details on how to unsubscribe.
Unless required by law, we will not use or disclose any personal information about you to an unrelated third party without your consent. We will endeavour to take all reasonable steps to keep any information secure, accurate and up-to-date. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be totally secure. We will not be held responsible for events arising from unauthorised access to your Personal Information.
H.O.A.P. Skincare respects your right to privacy and is committed to protecting your personal information. We comply with the Australian Privacy Principles contained in the Privacy Act 1988 as amended to the highest standard. Those principles regulate most of our activities with respect to personal information collected, stored, used and disclosed by us and is aimed at describing the various ways we collect, hold, manage and use your personal information, and the steps we take to protect that information.
The kinds of personal information that H.O.A.P. Skincare collects and holds:
For prospective customers and products, H.O.A.P. Skincare may collect:
- General contact details, such as billing / home address and telephone number;
- Current skin care and beauty routine details;
- Proposed or desired product details;
And your history of expenditure in health and beauty industry.
How H.O.A.P. Skincare collects and holds personal information:
The majority of information collected and held by H.O.A.P. Skincare is sourced from personal information provided either in person to H.O.A.P. Skincare employees or online via H.O.A.P. Skincare website (www.hoapskincare.com.au). This may include initial correspondences regarding possible sales or purchases of any products.
This information may be used by H.O.A.P. Skincare for our SEO strategy, as well as tailoring your browsing experience according to its type, through the use of style sheets.
The option for use of anonymity or a pseudonym:
Under the Australian Privacy Principles all individuals have the option to deal with H.O.A.P. Skincare through anonymity, or through the use of a pseudonym.
This option is revoked in situations where it is impracticable for H.O.A.P. Skincare to deal with individuals who have not identified themselves or who have used a pseudonym. An example of such a situation is an individual who enters into a sale or purchase transaction with H.O.A.P. Skincare.
How H.O.A.P. Skincare secures my personal information:
We take all reasonable steps in our efforts to protect and secure your personal information. All personal information is stored on secured servers, reducing the risks of misuse, interference and loss. All personal information is protected against unauthorised access, modification or disclosure through only allowing access to this information by formally authorised personnel.
Although H.O.A.P. Skincare takes all reasonable steps to ensure security of personal information, personal information cannot be guaranteed as secured due to unavoidable inherent risks involved in the electric storage and transmission of this information. We advise that you must take this into consideration when providing personal information.
If H.O.A.P. Skincare have collected and held personal information and no longer need that information for any purpose whatsoever, we will ensure that reasonable steps in the circumstances will be taken to destroy the information or to ensure that the personal information is permanently de-identified.
How an individual may access and seek correction of personal information that is held by H.O.A.P. Skincare:
H.O.A.P. Skincare must, on request by an individual, provide access to personal information collected and held about that particular individual. H.O.A.P. Skincare will respond to the request for access to the personal information within a reasonable period after the request is made.
Where necessary H.O.A.P. Skincare may charge a reasonable amount for the time and effort taken to provide the personal information to the individual. This charge will not apply to the making of the request.
However, under the Australian Privacy Principles, H.O.A.P. Skincare is not required to give requested personal information to the extent that:
- the entity reasonably believes that giving access would pose a serious threat to the life, health, security or safety of any individual, or to public health or public safety; or
- giving access would have an unreasonable impact on the privacy of other individuals; or
- the request for access is frivolous or vexatious; or
- the information relates to existing or anticipated legal proceedings between the entity and the individual, and would not be accessible by the process of discovery in those proceedings; or
- giving access would reveal the intentions of the entity in relation to negotiations with the individual in such a way as to prejudice those negotiations; or
- giving access would be unlawful; or
- denying access is required or authorised by or under an Australian law or a court/tribunal order; or
- both of the following apply:
- the entity has reason to suspect that unlawful activity, or misconduct of a serious nature, that relates to the entity’s functions or activities has been, is being or may be engaged in;
- giving access would be likely to prejudice the taking of appropriate action in relation to the matter; or
- giving access would be likely to prejudice one or more enforcement related activities conducted by, or on behalf of, an enforcement body; or
- giving access would reveal evaluative information generated within the entity in connection with a commercially sensitive decision-making process.
Whether H.O.A.P. Skincare is likely to disclose personal information to overseas recipients:
The same applies to disclosure to overseas recipients as to local recipients.
How an individual may complain about a breach of the Australian Privacy Principles:
You can contact H.O.A.P. Skincare and speak with our Privacy Officer.
If H.O.A.P. Skincare is unable to resolve your complaint to your satisfaction, you are welcome to refer your complaint to the Privacy Commissioner in your State capital.
Privacy Commissioner contact details:
The Office of the Federal Privacy Commissioner
GPO Box 5218
Sydney NSW 1042
Fax: (02) 9284 9666
How this policy changes over time:
This statement represents our policy as at 1 August 2015. We may change this policy from time to time at our discretion, especially in line with changes in applicable regulations and legislation.
If you would like to obtain further information about privacy issues in Australia, please visit the Australian Federal Privacy Commissioner’s www.privacy.gov.au website.
We welcome your comments and feedback at firstname.lastname@example.org